Paperless Offices in Colorado Springs
Although digital documents are easier to manage, the transition to paperless can be difficult. Avoid some of the pitfalls associated with moving from a hard-copy document management system to a paperless system.
95% of businesses still use hard-copy filing cabinets. When you have dozens of filing cabinets taking up space, migrating to a paperless office can really benefit your company.
Paperless offices allow Colorado Springs businesses to free up that expensive office space for more useful purposes. Professional document scanning services convert paper records into digital files that are easier to access and control, and a paperless office also improves productivity and document management processes.
Get free, no-obligation quotes on converting your documents and records to digital format, let our experts know! Fill out the form to the left, or give us a call at (719) 387-4127.
Going Paperless? Answer these Questions First
Pike’s Peak Records Management wants to help you make a well-informed decision for your conversion project. We’ve done our research and want to pass on some of our findings to you to help save you some time and money.
- Do you spend money on paper, postage, ink and other supplies each month? Every time you send an email or do a quick search for your documents, you save time and money. These costs add up quickly- and the total would probably shock you.
- Is hiring a document scanning service an effective solution for you? Document storage costs, necessary upgrades, training, and other ongoing costs, to make a digital system functional should be factored into the project. The biggest consideration should be how many documents you want to digitize—the larger that number, the more your project will cost.
- Are your confidential files and documents that contain personal or critical business information secure? Low tech hacks are common- corporate spies copy or steal paper documents regularly, and it’s a lot easier than trying to hack a secured electronic document management system.
- How much productivity do you lose shuffling through stacks of paper? Eliminate hours of time that’s wasted searching for, copying, distributing and re-filing documents. Free your employees and give them back the productivity they’ve lost- paperless offices help to optimize the document flow in your office.
If you feel like you need to improve your document management system and can answer all these questions easily, then you’re ready to go paperless! If you have questions or want more information, give us a call at (719) 387-4127 or fill out the form to the left.
Federal Laws that Encourage Electronic Document Storage
There’s several laws that have been introduced to ensure that businesses take proper precautions to protect employees and customers’ personal information- Sarbanes-Oxley, FACTA and HIPPA. Here’s a brief explanation of how these laws encourage you to convert to electronic document storage and management sooner rather than later:
- In 2002, the Sarbanes-Oxley Act required businesses to properly maintain financial records.
- Back in 1996, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) addressed the security and privacy of health data. The standards are meant to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the nation’s health care system.
- In 2003, the Fair and Accurate Credit Reporting Act (FACTA) required businesses to safeguard and store personal information of employees and customers.
Since the storage required for paper documents grows at a rate of 20-25% every year, going paperless can help minimize the number of records you have onsite while keeping you in compliance with all Federal and State mandated laws. It can be next to impossible to comply with these laws without dedication a significant amount of resources dedicated to organizing these files.
To help meet their storage needs, many companies look to offsite storage to store their company documents. The cost of document scanning is minimal to the time and space you’ll save your business year over year. Let Pike’s Peak Records Management help you make the transition today!
Ready to Make the Change to a Paperless Office? Pikes Peak Records Management Can Help!
Let a professional, secure, Colorado-based document scanning service make your project easier to manage. Pike’s Peak Records Management can quickly perform the indexing, scanning, and post-production work to get your office into digital format.
We can even help you convert text via optical character recognition (OCR) software so you can edit the documents or redact private information to protect your customers.
Get free, no-obligation quotes on converting your documents and records to digital format, let our experts know! Fill out the form to the right, or give us a call at (719) 387-4127.
30 E Kiowa St
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Phone: (719) 387-4127